Monday, April 19, 2010

Tell Me the Stories of Jesus

Lately I've been working on teaching Jake his address and phone number, so that he ever gets lost, he'll know how to find us. We're also learning about dialing 911 and looking for responsible adults who can help him find his way back home. It terrifies me to think of him lost and alone and totally unprepared to cope with the situation. He has to know where to find me. He has to know where to find help.

It is likely, even probable, that at some point in his life my little boy is going to feel lost. He's going to have to go out in the world on his own, and he is going to be lonely. Sometimes he may even be in trouble. He must know how to find his way back home. He must know where to find help. He has to know that Jesus Christ is the only one who can save him.

It seems this conference a lot of our leaders were concerned about our children finding their way home as well. Elder Neil Andersen gave the last talk of conference (you know, before President Monson closed the conference), and he talked about what I like to call "Spiritual 911." When you are in trouble and have a spiritual emergency, "spiritual 911" is your hotline to the only real source of help and comfort--Jesus Christ. Elder Andersen counsels us to more frequently teach about the Savior, Jesus Christ. Our children must know Him, or they will surely get lost out there!

I thought about how to best apply this in my own life, and committed to praying for opportunities to teach my children about the Savior, finding lessons everywhere. I also want to focus more on Him in our FHE. So, I've made a list of links that I'm using to have stories of Jesus on hand to teach with, and some rubrics that I'm making into a Sunday book. I thought with all that effort, it was worth sharing.
The link is HERE, hope it works!

I love you, ladies. I really do. It helps so much to know that we are all in this together! Thank you to all of you who teach my children about the Savior!

1 comment:

  1. Emily I agree with you totally! So many times in my life I have been in a situation where I had no where to turn, no one could ease my burden, I was lost and didn't know what to do. It doesn't matter whether we are adults or children, Heavenly Father is there for us and Jesus is our comforter. I know this with assurity, because of prayer. Know matter what the loss, we can always look to our Savior and he will guide us. It truly is a comfort to us in these troubling times.

    ReplyDelete

Enlighten us!